Soul Collector

 I was there. Before the first sunrays came upon the horizon, before sundown left the atmosphere dark and cold, before your very first breath, before your heart became hollow, before you opened your eyes and saw for the very first time all the colours of cosmos, I was there. 

I have been walking on the surface of this earth for too long, seeing different places, different people, different species. But my purpose has always been the same. Regardless where I went, regardless everything else, my wishes and desires have always been the same. I have remained the same. 


I will be there for you. When you stand and walk tall, when you look up to the horizon, when you feel the sun on your face, when you brace yourself at night, when you let out a deep sigh of pain or relief, when your heart grows dark and cold and breaks one too many times, when you open your eyes and see once again all the colours of cosmos and it becomes mesmerizing, I will be there for you. 


I am a soul collector, a skin dancer, an owner, a lord. I am the decease and the cure, the curse and the salvation, dark and cold, high and low, bitter and sweet, the beginning and the end. I collect souls and memories, one life after another. And I am going to take yours too. 


As the hunger increases and I feel the time slipping through my fingers like sand, as the whole world keeps on turning and hearts keep on beating and beings keep on wishing, I feel it growing inside of me. An insatiable hunger, a never stopping sound, beating like a hammer in my head. I need them, I need them all so I can keep on breathing. 


The feeling of hopelessness is unknown to me. Sadness and anger unfamiliar. Being lost and scared uncharted. My eyes glow at night, when one more soul is harvested. When my desire is fulfilled and the sounds die down, I am finally able to rest. I feel the intensity of my desire, the warmth of my blood, the increasing itching on my fingertips, the biting on my bones. I feel it all too well, it all too deeply. It is all known to me, it is all mine. 


I am lingering in the shadows, as I watch you grow, slowly. I see you developing, improving. I see how your impulses and needs change you, how you become a different person every spring, how your thoughts change, night after night, and how your heart beats faster, stronger, day after day. Your stare is more intense and your feelings are more vivid. You are brilliant, glaring, you are everything I want, everything I need. 


I just stand and watch, my presence insignificant, unimportant. I shall be patient, I shall wait. And when you are ready, I will be there. I will take your life away. I will collect your soul. Your thoughts, your feelings, your wished and cravings, your enthusiasm, the things that make you who you are – I will take it all away. 


And once you are safe, your sphere carefully stored on my backpack, once your existence is gone and erased from all their minds, once the transition is complete, I shall have your breath. Everything will be mine, anything else will be gone. You will be mine. 


I wait, patient but eagerly, for you have something in you that I haven’t seen anywhere else. You have a light, a spark, this peculiar thing that shines in the dark. You are so bright and so full of life. You are so fascinating and moving. I want you, and I will have you.  


I am going to collect your soul. Just keep on living, keep on believing and keep on breathing, growing better and stronger each day. Stay right there where you are, where I can see you and watch over you as you sleep at night and carry on through the day. I have found you, and you have become my obsession. 


It is my confession, as a gift to you, as a glimpse of myself. You are my obsession, and I am going to have you. I am going to collect your soul. One night all the lights will be out, and you are going to be mine, you are going to belong to me. I am going to collect your soul. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story