Ronin, Late Night Thoughts - Short Story

Sometimes, laying on the floor in the comfort of my house, when the evening sun starts to disappear into the horizon and the night chill comes to fill the air, I wonder what else is there to be seen.

I wonder what is the world like on the other side, with its different people and food and colors.

I hear the Lord approaching. It is good when he comes and talks to me. I know he appreciates me and enjoys my presence, but what I really like is when he gives me permission to leave the house.

It is when the adventure begin. I run through all the places that are known to me, places I used to visit all the time in the past, and I feel like I own the streets.

The wind blows in my face and I feel light and free. Every night, running wildly, there is no better feeling. And there are so many things to see!

Even though I go to the same places, I always find something different to appreciate and discover new things. There are mysteries behind every corner and exciting stories into every tree and leaf.

I wait anxiously for that time of the day to arrive, when I can run aimlessly, reach new places and surpass my limits. When I can just be myself, and forget about all my worries and problems for a while.

But time runs fast when you are having fun, and soon the sky is dark and the cold increases within every hour. And I know it's time to go back.

I run towards the house happy, I did so many things! I wait patiently until the heavy gates are open before me. I could still search some places before entering, but I decide not to. I reach home and drink fresh water, and tell my lord about my adventure of the day.

He smiles at me, and I know he is happy that I am back. Sometimes my lady also comes and talks to me. I love her. I know that I am not exactly what she wants, and that she has another preferences, but she does her best to be patient and loving with me. And I appreciate that.

And after another day, I lay on the floor once again. From where I am I can see stars and the moon illuminating the sky. I am tired, but also happy.

I stay awake for a few more minutes thinking about the next day and all the things I've done and will be able to do. And with these sweet thoughts in my head and the shining stars above me, I close my eyes and fall into a pleasant sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story