Breathe (Bleed) Out

I’m breathing out
I’m bleeding out
I’d rather tear myself apart
Than bring you down
When the skies turn grey
And the screams are louder
I found out my heart is barely breathing
And I am still bleeding
Falling apart
Cracking and shaking
You look, but I guess you can’t see
Telling me to keep going
Do you think it's easy to stay strong?
I hold it all tightly, bury all my sins
Close my eyes, swallow the pain
And I breathe in
And I bleed out
For you.
Because the last thing I’d do
Is to let you down
So I break and fall in the silence
And pick up the pieces that fell apart
And I stay strong
I take it all and put it back together
I mend the pieces.
Even with walls turning to dust
And clocks going backwards
I breathe and bleed
I bleed you for you
But I wonder
Would you bleed for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story