Candles (I need more light)

The day becomes darker
The moon is pale
Its light makes everything huge and frightening
And as every second passes by
Life lost the color and pleasure right before my eyes
The silence settled inside my body
Leaving no room for thoughts or feelings
This must be the reason why
Everything I touch slowly fades away
I am unable to see on my own
But the shadows surrounding me gave me a gift
A white mask that blocks everything
I do not suffer anymore
I do not see light and bright colors anymore
What a gift – what a curse!
Have I become blind?
Has this loneliness grown so strong
that won't let me think by myself?
I can’t see what’s right in front of me
In the path of my former self I walk
Unsure where to go or what to do
You left me without realizing how lost I was
And I had no other choice but grope in the dark
Maybe if I get some light
This loneliness will make some sense
Maybe if you light up the candles
Your walking away will make some sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story