Dust

The devil on my shoulder
Says he is proud of me
For all the punishments I’ve taken
For all the poisons I’ve drunk
For making my soul believe
I am miserable.
Well, what should I do?
There is an enemy inside me
There is a monster in my head
And all they do is call me “insane”
I wish I could see through
All the darkness that is surrounding me
And the fog that won’t leave my eyes
But I am not like you
Can’t you see?
I am fighting a battle with an army of dust
Which is going to be all that will remain in the end
So, just let me disappear in the shadows
Carried away in the cold of the abandon I shall go
For you can’t hold on me anymore
It is tough now, but soon will be over
And silence will be comforting
And then maybe you will see
I am not like you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story