Angel Down

I've searched and fought
For more years than I can tell
I've helped and healed
I've cured, I've fixed
With my wings I protected
With my tears I offered relief
I might have seemed cold
It was the way I had found
To take and bear their pain
Without breaking myself to pieces...


The sun doesn't heal anymore
Its crimson color hurts
It's hurting the cool of my eyes
Yet I've made it out alive
I've been strong
Standing tall against the disasters
I took all their pain, swallowed everything up
I nearly destroyed myself
All these fights have drained my strength
Now I am sick and tired
This feeling is spreading like a cancer
I am not useful anymore
The blood coming out of my wounds won't stop flowing
Like a stream of helpless desperation
But they still wanted to make me look fine
In one last attempt to remember,
They put a smile on my face
But I know they won't recall all that was said and done
I shall fall into an empty and cruel oblivion.
Oh, it's alright, it's ok
It's alright
It's all wrong
I am just too tired to think of an escape
I am just so tired to run
Just lay me down to sleep
I am so tired...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story