Rage (Let it Burn)

The speed of hate
It comes forth and goes away
Kicking and hitting
Bouncing on the walls
Yelling at the doors
Claiming its space
Rage fills in the void
Inside of me
Before I had found a feeling
There were scars and pain
Humiliation and rejection
Overwhelming and overflowing
But I am not blind anymore
It is scratching and hurting on the inside
I’ve tried to keep quiet
But this anger I cannot control anymore
When I open up my mouth
I can’t help but scream and shout
Driven by this fire on my lungs
The smoke is poisoning, flames on my throat
Escaping as dangerous and hot words
I should've kept the silent
But there is nothing holding me anymore
Because I've burned the binding ties
And I will tear down the bridges
That link me to this world
Dancing upon the ashes of dead dreams
Inhaling the smoke of the restless
I will burn it all down
For the rage inside me is great
And I don't wanna face
Another day anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story