Things Fall Apart

Sometimes I wonder
Just how much could change in only a couple of weeks
And how the hell it got to be the way it is now

Do you ever think about the times we shared?

Looking back on all of those nights I took for granted
And all of the memories we didn't share
Makes me realize that I only have myself to blame
And I'm sorry that I ever made you feel this way
(It is my fault you feel this way).


I just wish I could make you happy one last time
And I can't believe that I ever made you feel this way before
(It is my fault you feel this way).

I think some words can never be unspoken
I guess some wounds were never meant to heal
All that is left of us is a broken family and a heart that will not heal


I can no longer remember how it feels to hold you in my arms
The way it felt when I would have you close to me
And I would know that everything was okay
As long as your were here with me

But you are not here with me
And we've both gotten a broken heart
I have none else to blame for making you feel this way
(It is my fault you feel this way).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story