Fallen

She was a fallen angel
Corrupted by sin
Trapped in the human condition
A broken soul with a beating heart
“She will never heal”
I don’t believe them
I refuse to drown in the grace
of ignorance.
I am covered with scars
But I won’t be fooled like them
Forever with the voices in my head
Telling me it’s the right thing to do.
Black tears of despair
Dripping from my face
And staining my once pure and white skin
But I don’t believe them
I know I’m still fine and
She is the one
She is damaged but
I will try to fix her
Holding her in my arms
Feeling the heartbeat so close to
my empty chest.
Maybe this will help me as well.
Maybe her passionate red eyes
Will melt the coldness of mine.
And then she could help me
Learn how to breathe again
Learn how to live again
If I get to save her,
I might find a way to save myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story