Knives and Pens

With knives I am hurting my back
And with pens I am writing my sins
My pillow blotched with blood
I can’t sleep anymore
‘Cause I just close my eyes to face ghosts
And open them to see empty spaces
With this pen I shut it all off
And with this knife I fight until I crash
I run, leaving all my fears behind
Screaming and shouting, my lungs are aching
Against all odds, against burning bridges
Climbing bare walls has never been so hard
My hands are becoming so weak
My legs are breaking
And my hurt body is collapsing
I wrote these shameful words where none else can see
Don’t get sick, your ignorance is blessing
The truth won’t set you free
I have the weapons they fear
But I will keep it all right here, with me
All those secrets hidden behind my eyes
You will never know who I am and what I have done
With slaughtered words
And an ink heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story