When it Rains Inside of Me

The water storms
The inside of me
It washes away the pain
And for a moment I
Forget my mistakes
And I
Can close my eyes to rest again
The thunder cracks in the sky
are so loud that I
can barely hear my thoughts
Oh, I don’t wanna hear my thoughts
I wanna listen to the windy storm
And wait in silence for the blizzard
As I lay on the top of this cliff
I am safe up here
The velvet drops will
clean up my mind
clean up my soul
And I will be filled with blue
And I will be taken home
The forest is my shelter
Height is not a limit
I will let it rain over me
And I will be whole again
Take me home, make me pure
So that I can be ok again
Sweet and cold,
It’s going to the place I belong to
Tired, but never again hopeless,
I am going to the place I belong to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story