Falling Snow

My dreams, my hopes
My wishes, my power
They are leaving me
They are crumbling right
In front of my eyes
Falling like snow.
I never though the sky
Could look so deadly dark.
Is this what dreams and wishes do?
Do they make you blind?
Because for a long time I could not see
I swear I was giving the best of me
But now I wake up and I am empty
I breathe - cold air filling my lungs
But that's all
Feeling ill, sad, lost
I scream as they all leave me behind
Dear, my fortress is burning!
Numb, I can't avoid the storm to come
Nor move as I drown
In the violent waves I am carried away
Must I stop trying, so it will be easier when I'm gone?
Or should I fight with all my strength
Until there's no more blood
And all that's left is nothing but
A tired and faceless soul?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story