Gone

“Monster”
That’s what I heard
“… Monster”
That’s what she whispered
And these words got stuck
On the back of my head
For weeks
I couldn’t understand
That made no sense
Damn, I couldn’t help her!
And now it’s too late
She’s gone, she left me and she tried to
Make me see
How could I left her like this?
How did I allow her to be taken away
without even making any efforts for her to stay?
Now I am here alone,
Buried and breathing in regret
I now understand her words
I now keep her last attempt, her scream for help
It keeps yelling at me
Reminding me how guilty I really am
For the words she said I was unable to understand
“Inside of me, there is this monster.
Help me.
Take away this monster.”
The monster is now gone
And so is she.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story