Father, can you hear me?

Hey Father!
Do you still remember me?
Do you remember when
You told me nothing lasts forever?
Remember when you taught me
about strength and courage?
Remember when you held my hand
and promised I'd never be alone?
You looked into my eyes and said
You would always be with me.
Well, I'm here to remind you
of all those broken promises
Because, well, I am alone now.
I am all by myself and can't take this any longer
When you left, when they laid you there
Your bed seemed so comfortable...
A place of relief for tired souls
A place of no pain, no suffering.
Father, would you mind if I joined you
a little earlier?
I will go for you and we will be together
And you will mend the promises
And I will forgive you for leaving
Make room for me, I am going to get there soon
Daddy, I will be with you and
You will never leave me again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story