A Stone that Bleeds

From the deepest of my mind
Buried in dirty on my unconsciousness
Once hidden, is coming back.
Those memories, the bad dreams
Crossing my eyes in flashing burning lights
Rising, rising,
Crimson-blood and sharp
Growing stronger and cutting the edges.
I thought they were gone
I thought they were chained
Caged on the bottom of my soul
Lying sleepy and harmless in my core.
But oh God, they are coming
I feel the pressure once again
My body will collapse, my brain will explode
I don't want it to take over me again
But it's a monster and I am fighting alone
Screaming for help, I am powerless
They only see what they want to see
By the time they realize what was wrong
It will be too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story