Thoughtless

"Take another breath,
it's all over
Why can't you just accept
It's all in your head?"


It's all in my head...
So can you please come over
And open up this head
Tear apart my brain
And paint the walls in red
In order to make
these thoughts go away?
'Cause they won't leave me
They won't leave me and
I am being carried away
On the outside I laugh
But inside I am screaming
The wounds might be healing
But dear, I am still bleeding!
Regrets come to haunt me at night
Waves of desolation crashing around me
Swallowing me, tides taking me away
How long can I last?
How many days still left?
If I don't make it out alive
If I don't make it through the night
Maybe you will realize
I was not ok
And maybe you will remember
I told you I was sick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story