Dark Feathers

There are feather everywhere
There are feathers in all I see
They are stuck in slow motion
There are feather hovering over me.
The things I have done –
They haunt me all night long
I keep telling myself I will be just fine
But the voices inside my head don’t say so.
They are there to remind me
That the feathers won’t go away.
Oh, my wish, my craving for flying
Has it gone too far?
Once white, they became
as dark as a starless night
The closer I get to a lonely soul
The darker the feathers become.
Are they facing the same fate as me?
Will they be cursed too?
They are murders just like me…
No, I am not thinking straight
They haven’t committed the same sin
I am the sinner here – It’s all about me
There was this bird I used to admire and love and…
Oh Lord, what have I done?
Have I really become...?
I turned myself into it
And now I face my fate
Now I am

the Dark Swan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Fall Apart

Sulfur of Fireworks - Short Story